It is the participant’s responsibility to attend the race briefing, familiarize themselves with the rules & regulations, race flow and prearranged race courses.
Parents and supporters will not be allowed in the transition area and no outside assistance by parents or supporters will be permitted during the race. Violation of these rules will lead to the disqualification of the athlete
Our staff will be available on-site to assist the athletes with questions and there will be pre-race announcements and the mandatory race briefing before the start as well.
o “Drafting” means to remain within the draft zone (of 10 meters) of another athlete, measured from the leading edge of the front wheel and extending towards the back of the bike.
o Athletes must ride single file on the far-right side of the bike course road and remain outside of the draft zone, except when passing another athlete.
o Entering the drafting zone requires overtaking within 30 seconds. A “pass” occurs when the overtaking athlete’s front wheel passes the leading edge of the front wheel of the athlete being overtaken. No overtaking by riding in a close line behind the athlete in front, to reduce the wind resistance and the amount of energy required to pedal.
o The overtaken athlete must immediately drop back 10 meters before re-overtaking.
o Side-by-side riding is not allowed.
o An athlete may enter the drafting zone without penalty only under the following conditions:
· If an athlete enters the drafting zone and completes a pass within 30 seconds, without riding in a close line behind the athlete in front.
· For safety reasons.
· Entering and exiting an aid station or transition area.
· An acute turn; and if a race official exempts a section of the course because of narrow lanes, constructions, or for other safety reasons.
· Failure to comply with the above drafting rules will be given the following penalty on the spot.
· 1st Yellow card > 1 minute time penalty
· 2nd Yellow card > 2 minutes time penalty
· 3rd Yellow card or red card > disqualification from the race.
Pho3nix Kids is a sports and education platform with free access for kids, teens and schools.